This creamy cheesecake is an excellent addition to the holiday dessert table.
- 1¼ c. graham-cracker crumbs
- ¼ c. sugar
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 4 package bar cream cheese
- 1¼ c. sugar
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, with rack in center. Assemble a 9-inch nonstick springform pan, with the raised side of the bottom part facing up.
- Make the crust: In a medium bowl, mix cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter until moistened; press firmly into bottom of pan. Bake until golden around edges, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Make the filling: With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar on low speed until smooth; mix in flour (do not overmix). Add pumpkin puree, pie spice, vanilla, and salt; mix just until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until each is incorporated before adding the next.
- Place springform pan on a rimmed baking sheet. Pour filling into springform, and gently smooth top. Transfer to oven; reduce oven heat to 300 degrees. Bake 45 minutes. Turn off oven; let cheesecake stay in oven 2 hours more (without opening).
- Remove from oven; cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours. Unmold before serving.
Tips & Techniques