Fig and Stilton Squares
- 1 package all-butter puff pastry
- ½ c. fig preserves
- ¾ c. crumbled Stilton cheese
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out puff pastry to a 16- by 11 1/2-inch rectangle. Trim to form a 10 1/2- by 15-inch rectangle. Transfer pastry to a large rimmed baking sheet and cut into 1 3/4-inch squares; you should have about 48. Freeze squares until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange 12 squares on sheet and cover with more parchment paper. Top squares with another baking sheet, bottom side down. If you have another pair of baking sheets, repeat with 12 more squares. Bake squares about 35 minutes, until pastry is golden. Transfer squares to a rack to cool. Repeat to bake remaining squares.
- Return as many cooled squares as will fit to a baking sheet. Top each square with 1/2 teaspoon fig preserves. Sprinkle with Stilton and bake about 5 minutes, until Stilton is melted. Serve warm or at room temperature.