Brigadeiro (The Favorite Brazilian Sweet)
have unique and velvet consistency—the best treat to make your day
sweeter and perfect for every kind of celebration.
Makes approximately 25 to 30
One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
3 tablespoons pure cocoa powder
1 tablespoon salted butter, plus more for shaping
Chocolate sprinkles, for sprinkling
- Add all the ingredients, including the butter, to a medium saucepan.
- Slowly cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until
smooth and rich in consistency: It should take about 30 to 40 minutes
over low heat, stirring the entire time (yes, it requires lots of
patience and love).
- Transfer to a bowl and wait until the mixture cools
down. (You can cover the bowl with a plastic cling and put in the fridge to accelerate the process.)
- Then spread a little butter in the palm of your hands
and mold the Brigadeiro dough into little ball shapes (use a teaspoon to help you portion). We like to make bite-sized Brigadeiro, about 1 inch
- Cover with chocolate sprinkles, chocolate shavings, or your favorite nut, and transfer to a small paper muffin tin. Store,
covered, in the refrigerator.