Whole Egg, Bacon and Avocado Quesadilla
- 3 rashers of streaky bacon, chopped
- 4 flour tortillas (Note 1)
- 4 eggs
- 1 large avocado, halved and sliced
- ? cup grated cheese (I used cheddar)
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the bacon and cook until cooked to your liking. Remove bacon onto a paper towel lined plate.
- Drain excess fat from the skillet and wipe away/scrape off any black bits. Return to the stove over medium heat.
- Place a tortilla in the skillet. Place avocado slices around the rim of half
the tortilla and thinner slices across the middle to form a «ring» to
hold the egg — as per the photo below. Squish the pieces close together
to seal them so egg does not leak.
- Crack an egg into the centre, sprinkle with bacon, cheese and season with
salt and pepper. Fold the tortilla over and cook for 4 minutes or until
golden and crisp. I usually cook 2 in the skillet.
- Flip, turning over the folded edge (i.e. slide the flip under the curved edge and flip over the folded edge). Cook the other side for 3 minutes or
until golden and crisp. Remove from the skillet. Repeat with remaining
- Serve immediately, while hot!
and crispy. Also, they don’t crumble or break apart when you fold them / cut them. But you can make these with corn tortillas to make them
2. This recipe is not suitable for freezing (even after cooking) because avocado does not freeze well.
The nutrition takes into account that 1 tablespoon of fat is discarded
from the skillet. It does not take into account the fat that is absorbed into the paper towel lined plate. So in actuality, the calories per
serving is probably less.