- 2 tsp. plus 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (5 1/2 oz./170 g) pure grade-B maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (3 oz./90 g) honey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 cups (12 oz./375 g) rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups (5 oz./155 g) almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) dried cranberries or currants
Directions:Preheat an oven to 325°F (165°C). Lightly grease a 12-by-15-inch (30-by-38-cm) baking pan with the 2 tsp. oil.
In a large bowl, whisk together the 1/4 cup oil, the maple syrup, honey and salt. Stir in the oats and almonds, mixing to coat them completely. Spread evenly in the prepared pan. Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, until the mixture is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
Let cool completely, then stir in the cranberries. Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. Serves 14.