Ragi Pancakes with Sausage Filling and Yoghurt Dip
For the Filling
1/4 cup onions, chopped
2 Tbsp oil
4 sausages, chopped into roundels
1/2 cup baby corns, chopped into roundels
1/2 cup beans, chopped
1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup red bell peppers, chopped
1 Tbsp oregano
Salt and black pepper to taste
A handful of fresh basil, chopped
For the pancakes
1 cup milk
3 Tbsp melted butter
1 cup ragi flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
For the Yoghurt Dip
1 cup hung yoghurt
3-4 garlic cloves
A pinch of salt
Crushed black pepper to taste
2. Add the sausages and baby corns and let it cook for 3-4 minutes or until slightly browned.
3. Add the beans and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the mushrooms, and turn up the heat. Saute for 2 minutes until the water from the mushrooms dry up.
5. Tip in the red bell peppers, oregano, chopped basil and seasonings and
saute for a minute before turning off the heat. Keep aside.
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg until light and fluffy. Pour in the
milk and melted butter and continue whisking for about 2 minutes. Do not over mix.
2. Heat a large non-stick pan and wipe the surface with a kitchen towel dipped in a little oil. Reduce the flame to low.
3. Take a spoonful of the batter and pour it onto the centre of the pan.
Using the back of the spoon, spread out the batter in a circular motion
to shape the pancake. Do not spread it out too thin.
4. Let it
cook for 1-2 minutes or until you see some bubbles on the surface. Using a thin spatula, carefully flip the pancake and cook the other side for
1-2 minutes. Transfer to a dish and keep warm.
1. Place the hung yoghurt in a grinder, add in the garlic cloves, salt and crushed black pepper, and blend for 30 seconds until creamy and well
Place a pancake on a serving
plate and top up the centre with the sausage filling. Drizzle some
yoghurt dip and fold the pancake. Drizzle some more yoghurt on top,
garnish with a few fresh basil sprigs and serve immediately.