Chocolate cherry trifle
This decadent dessert uses muffins for the base, which absorbs the delicious cherry brandy.
What it takes
- 3 Asda Chocolate Muffins
- 4 tbsp Asda Cherry Juice Drink
- 4 tbsp cherry brandy
- 350g Asda Frozen Cherries
- 100g Asda Dark Chocolate
- 500g carton Asda Extra Special Creamy Custard
- 250g pot mascarpone
- 450ml double cream
- Chocolate shavings, to serve
How to make it
- Break the muffins into pieces and arrange in the base of a large trifle bowl. Mix together the cherry juice and cherry brandy (the latter can be replaced with more juice, if preferred). Add the frozen cherries and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Break the dark chocolate into squares, put in a bowl and stand the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Half melt the chocolate, then remove the bowl from the pan and stir until melted.
- Cool slightly, then gradually stir the chocolate into a bowl containing the custard until evenly mixed. Put the pot of mascarpone in another bowl and stir to soften. Gradually add the chocolate custard and mix until smooth. Spread on top of the fruit.
- Whip the double cream until it just holds its shape. Spread on top, decorate with chocolate shavings, then put in the fridge to chill.